Posted: June 2021
The Synergetic Press team is seeking a Marketing Manager to manage the marketing campaigns for ~7-10 books per year with an emphasis on moving the mission of the press and engaging with the greater communities of our readers, authors, and partners. The position will focus on executing collaborative and results-driven campaigns highlighted by engagement with our growing community of allies, including co-publishing partners MAPS and Transform Press.
The Press is looking for an organized, energetic, and mission-oriented person to join our team. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about the core topics of the press; sustainability and the environment, consciousness and psychedelics, and cultural studies and social justice and an opportunity for a community-minded individual to expand their network and publishing experience with top names in these fields. The Marketing Manager will report to the Publisher with a matrix reporting to the Managing Director.
- Work collaboratively with authors and in-house editorial, and sales teams to develop and execute book marketing plans for ~7-10 titles per year.
- Identify target audiences for each book and plan data-driven advertising to reach those audiences.
- Write creative and effective copy for print and digital advertising campaigns; maintain existing relationships with outreach channels and brainstorm new opportunities and venues.
- Present marketing plans at key meetings, including Sales & Marketing meetings, Launch Meetings, and Sales Conferences.
- Drive the creation of events with in-house teams and external partners such as the ongoing Synergetic Symposiums, including virtual gatherings and in-person events
- Manage the Synergetic web presence including maintaining title and author entries, event information, and coordinating updates as needed.
- Maintain awareness of the activities or partners and like-minded organizations and collaborate where possible to build relationships and outreach possibilities for our titles.
- Strategize social media content for each book, including creating content plans for authors’ platforms, guiding authors with their activity.
- Create and update title marketing records, catalog marketing bullets, marketing update docs.
- Communicate marketing plans and developments with key stakeholders, including authors, publishing partners, and in-house teams.
- Owns the creation and distribution of the newsletter in conjunction with the Publisher and Social Media Coordinator.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in a book publishing or marketing role
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, GSuite, Word Press, Asana, Woo Commerce
- Comfortable with a digital-first book marketing approach including SEO optimization, e-commerce interfaces, email newsletter, and social media best practices
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task across multiple seasonal deadlines
- Experience with managing teams preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Affinity for and experience with publishing subject areas
- Local to the Santa Fe/Albuquerque, NM or San Francisco/Bay Area preferred
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Synergetic Press is a collaborative independent publisher offering paradigm-shifting books for over thirty years. Distributed worldwide by Publisher’s Group West, we publish works of significance that inspire personal and social change, present tools and ideas for sustaining ourselves and our world and deepen our connection to our fellow human beings.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
(or click on Apply Now button).
Click for printable PDF of job listing.